About Hospice and Palliative Care
At Dr. Soucheray’s at Home Veterinary Care, we offer animal hospice and palliative care services for pets with life limiting or incurable diseases and their families. Dr. Soucheray is one of only two veterinarians in Minnesota that is certified in Animal Hospice and Palliative Care from the IAAHPC. She takes pride in keeping pets comfortable in their own homes.
Animal hospice includes the following services:
- Care focused on providing pain control and physical comfort to the pet, as well as educational support and emotional comfort for caregivers.
- A “Hospice Team” of veterinary professionals and support service providers that offer assistance in providing quality of life for the patient that includes palliation of pain and preparation for death [with or without intervention].
- A veterinarian serving as a teacher, enabling family members to care for their pets medical and emotional needs at home.
- Time for families to adjust to their pet's progressive disease and say goodbye in a kinder, more personal way.
Many pet parents choose hospice care in order to participate in decision making about their pet's end-of-life needs, giving the entire family time to prepare for the pending goodbye to their companions and to plan for a peaceful death. If you are interested in providing comfort care for your pet during the last days or weeks of their life, and have a good support team in place, then hospice care is likely the right choice for you and your pet.
To learn more about the animal hospice and palliative care services offered at Dr. Soucheray’s At Home Veterinary Care please call us at 952.818.2273.
- Frequently Asked Questions about animal hospice and palliative, visit the International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care (IAAHPC)’s website.
- Pet Parent Brochure
Please call 952-818-2273 (CARE) or email Dr.Soucheray@gmail.com for an appointment.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday-Sunday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM